Funnies for a fiver
Funny Way To Be Comedy Club have announced a series of cut-price comedy shows in Barnard Castle.
Teesdale comedy promoters Funny Way To Be have announced a series of cut-price comedy shows at The Witham in Barnard Castle.
Dubbed Witham on Wednesday, all shows will be a fiver, with a comedy event every other month from now until March 2015
Organiser Peter Dixon says the shows are an opportunity to give young rising stars, and other acts that are well respected on the comedy circuit, to perform a full show with a support act.
“It’s your chance to come along and see a good quality show in an intimate friendly setting without spending a fortune,” Dixon explains.
“Initially we have programmed three shows with a well established and experienced comic, an award winning rising star and one of the North East’s best young comics who has recently completed and extensive tour supporting a top TV comic.”
The first Witham On Wednesday is on Wednesday 19 November with Silky, a Liverpudlian-in-exile who has been a full time comedian for half his life. He will be performing his most recent Edinburgh Fringe show, Tribute Act.
Next up is the winner of the BBC Radio New Comedy Awards, Steve Bugeja, on Wednesday 21 January.
The shows complement Funny Way To Be’s regular programme, which sees the likes of Lee Nelson, Susan Calman, Romesh Ranganathan and Suzi Ruffell head to Teesdale in late 2014.
The full programme is:
- Wednesday 29 October: Lee Nelson: Work-In-Progress, £17.50, 7.30pm
- Wednesday 19 November: Silky: Tribute Act, £5, 8pm
- Saturday 29 November: Susan Calman: Lady Like, £14/£12 Concession, 8pm
- Saturday 13 December: Romesh Ranganathan and Suzi Ruffell, £12/£10 concessions, 8pm
- Wednesday 21 January: Steve Bugeja plus support, £5, 8pm
- Wednesday 11 March: Carl Hutchinson plus support, £5, 8pm
Tickets for all shows are on sale now via funnywaytobe.com.