Play: June’s Giggle Beats Comedy Quiz
On Sunday our comedy quiz night returned to The Stand Comedy Club in Newcastle. Here are the questions, minus our audio round. How would you have fared?
ROUND ONE: IN THE NEWS
- Last week Sanjeev Bhaskar, Kulvinder Ghir, Meera Syal and Nina Wadia reunited for a one-off special of which sitcom?
- The US remake of Jack Whitehall’s Bad Education has been axed by ABC after the show’s pilot failed to impress a test audience. What was the American version called?
- Which comedian made the news this week after getting a pizza delivered to him during a train journey?
- Which sitcom star is to be awarded the Freedom of Liverpool for his charity and philanthropic work?
- Which stand-up comedian is to appear as a guest star in the next series of Doctor Who?
- Tim Vine and Joe Wilkinson will appear on ITV’s revival of Celebrity Squares, but which former Ewok will host it?
- Jim Jefferies’ American sitcom has been cancelled after three series. What was it called?
- Which festival came under fire last week for having an all-male line-up on their comedy stage?
- Which comedian has landed his own BBC Three pilot called Merde In Britain?
- Which boy band is reportedly developing a sitcom about themselves?
ROUND TWO: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- US sitcom Cheers is set in which city?
- Who is Leonard Schneider otherwise known as?
- Highgate House of Horror is a short film produced in the early days of which sketch group?
- Max & Paddy’s Road to Nowhere is a spin-off of which sitcom?
- What is the name of Ronnie Corbett’s character in Sorry? Full name please.
- Which 1994 comedy film has the tag line “For Harry and Lloyd every day is a no-brainer”?
- Rowan Atkinson plays Inspector Fowler in which sitcom?
- In which film does Russell Brand first appear as wayward rock star Aldous Snow?
- Which US comedy follows the Solomon family?
- Who played Hyacinth Bucket’s long-suffering husband in the BBC sitcom Keeping Up Appearances?
ROUND THREE: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
- Man on the Moon, starring Jim Carrey, is a biographical film about which comedian?
- Which camp eighties comedian had the catchphrase ‘Chase me?’
- Chatsworth Estate is the home of which British comedy drama?
- Complete this sentence: “Don’t tell them…”
- Which stand-up comedian was affectionately known as ‘The Little Waster’?
- Which comedian voiced ‘Z’ in the 1998 animated film Antz?
- In which sitcom would you expect to find The Nags Head pub?
- Which stand-up comedian racked up 43 marathons in 52 days to raise money for Sport Relief
- What was the name of the ITV sitcom starring a blacked up Spike Milligan as an Asian immigrant factory worker?
- Which stand-up comedian once said: “I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too”?
- Think you know your comedy? The Giggle Beats Comedy Quiz takes place every first Sunday at The Stand Comedy Club in Newcastle. The next show is 6 July at 7pm. Entry is £3, and prizes include a three-course meal for two at The Stand bistro, comedy tickets, DVDs and more. Reserve your team by calling The Stand box office on 0844 693 3336.