Top 10 BAFTA 2016 puns
From the UK Pun Championship's first ever winner, Darren Walsh.
To mark the UK Pun Championships on Monday 8 February – Dave Leicester Comedy Festival‘s annual live pun contest – former winner Darren Walsh has taken on the very British institution of BAFTA, using the very British institution of punning.
Winner of Dave Presents the UK Pun Championships 2014 and Dave Joke of the Fringe 2015, Walsh has been featured in BBC Presents the Best of the Fest 2015, as well as best joke round ups 2015 in The Guardian, Daily Mirror, The Independent and Daily Telegraph.
1) People who say the Supporting Actor category is meaningless, don’t know their arts from their Elba
2) When people tell Brie Larson her name is a bit cheesy, she Camembert it.
3) If Maggie Smith doesn’t win Best Actress, she won’t be Abbey.
4) The android from Ex Machina had a chip on her shoulder.
5) Spielberg wanted to call his Cold War spy thriller ‘Kremlins’, but was urged to stick with ‘Bridge of Spies’.
6) We’re trying to interview Nick Park about the new ‘Shaun the Sheep Movie’, but he’s an Aardman to pin down.
7) Leonardo DiCaprio deserves to win Best Actor. Whether it’s his best performance or not is ir-Revenant.
8) We hope The Lobster wins Best British Film. Colin Farrell really came out of his shell for that role.
9) Will all the the Best Supporting Actor nominees turn up? Or will Christian bail?
10) Brie Larson was hoping that her movie would make the Best Film list too, but there was no Room.
Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival runs from the 3-21 February, with over 600 shows across more than 50 city venues.